Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Words

Words are amazing. The whole of language. Words can see for the blind, bring joy to the heavy hearted, show love and bring heartache. Words are amazing. Authors are spellcasters of the word realm. With a simple mixture of nouns, verbs, adjectives and such. A flick of the fingers, sway of the wrist, followed through a thin, round wand; "poof" the spell is complete. In the modern sense a spell can be completed by the rapid, rythmic pounding of fingers on keys.
One day I will be a master spellcaster, with many a reader under my spell. I have so many different ideas on how to spin my web. I wonder if other authors have different areas of interest. Does Tom Clancy have thoughts to write a young adult novel? Does Stephen King write fluffy, kitty, love stores that don't end in death and crazy mental monsters eating society? I want to write sci-fi, mystery, psycho-thrillers, love stories, deep literary thinkers, and scare the pajama's off you, don't read at night books. I have all of these things running through my head and several of them started or in good progress. Is this normal or straight on my way to a custom love-me jacket. All I know is I love to write. I want to transport everyone under my spell into a realm outside their own. If they pick up my book I want them to feel the way the title implies they will. Right now I want them to be utterly confused and torn with one book I'm writing. I also want them to be on the edge of horror with another I'm writing. I want them to be looking around the corners of their imagination, knowing the characters are not real, but thinking they just might be. I don't want my worlds to be forgotten when the cover closes. I also want them to be thankful they are over, but feening to read it again. This is the art of a master spellcaster. This is the talent behind The Stand, Without Remorse,The Notebook, Pride and Prejudice and many, many more.

Fall into my spell, you wont escape. Then again, you wont want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment