Sunday, April 11, 2010

Energy

I have a lot of random thoughts on energy. Of course there is the scientific sense of energy, which I haven't the faintest idea how to explain. Then there is my sense of energy. As in I have none. I would like to find the formula to enhance energy for the average, ordinary person (single mom). I have a theroy. The reason children are so bouncy and, let's face it, wild and crazy, is they suck all the energy from their parents. I use to have boundless energy. Then I had my son, and every year he grows older, I grow more tired. I don't buy into the whole age slows you down thing. It is the little energy vampires we spawn that slows us down. The older they get, the more energy they require, the more they devoure.
Part of the proof I have for my theory is grandchildren. Once kids move out of the house they still require sucking energy from thier parents. The need isn't as great, because they are feeding off other kids (peers)and are becoming self-sustaining individuals. This is key, because they will need to be an energy banquet one day. The parents, on the other hand, slowly begin to reenergize and become more active. This is evident everywhere in society. Look at people who have kids at home (regardless of age), kids who have just left, and kids who are now parents themselves. The energy levels are written all over the parents physical stance.
Time will only tell if my theory is true. I believe that it is true, and am already planning for the day I have my energy level back. It is called retirement and I plan on living it up.

This has been a random post. This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment