Saturday, April 10, 2010

And in the beginning there was... me!

Of all the things that need to be completed today, none of it has been done. Life is simple and pleasant. I like things this way.

How do you relieve some of the stess in your life, while square on top of you stress is piling up? The only advice I have is: relax and so something that makes you warm inside. Smile!

So, I am attempting to write a novel. It is on a rather scary subject, but it is fun to write. I have blamed stress and perscription medication for my lack of writing the past three weeks. I know that I need to get back to it. I have no more excuses. My goal is to have the outline done by the end of May. From there the rest should be set for the meat and potatoes. My second goal is to have the first draft done by the end of August. What to do after; I don't know. I guess with the first draft done, I can have someone edit it,or send it to an agent. My final goal for the novel is to have it published. I don't have a deadline for that, because that part isn't entirely up to me. I do know that it would be AWESOME to have it published and to have my "technical advisor" receive some credit for his work.

Here are my goals for life as I perceive them to be important as of today:

1.) Buy a house with acreage. My son and I would really like to have a little farm to call our very own. A place were we can have whatever we want on it (mustangs, dogs, cats, chickens, and a goat).

2.) Publish my book. This will get me many of the material goals on my list. It will also be the destresser and life affirmation device I have always wanted. Immortality on paper. I don't ask for much do I.

3.) Save for my son's college. Hello, education is key.

4.) Buy a truck. I need something to do all of my adventuring in, work in, and plow through the snow in. A truck is a must in Harney County.

5.) Buy a house for my mom so she can feel like her life is what she wants it to be. Also, so I can force her to be closer to me. Of course if I can afford to buy her a house, then I can also afford to send her on vacation. Every year. You know, just to get away from the freezing cold, for the sake of her health.

Even though my goals are numerous, I'll just put down these as my top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment